Saturday, March 3, 2007

New Post: Miniature Golf Hole




Its been awhile since I posted so I thought I would share my first assignment of the new semester. It was to design a hole for a miniature golf course that would be the centerpiece to a Las Vegas type hotel or an amusement park.

I wanted my golf course to be a place where kids could come to and be taken to another world and where adults could go to remember how it is to be a youth. With that said I went for the theme of Roald Dahl. I thought it lent it self to many different fun opportunities. Each hole would be based off of a different story of his.

This one is based off of his Enormous Crocodile short story. Incase you aren't familiar with the story: There is this crocodile that wants to eat children, even though he has never had one before he thinks they would taste wonderful. He tries many different ways to capture and eat them but is always stopped by his friends in the jungle (the elephant, hippo and monkey).

That is the basic premise of the story.

No comments: