Monday, July 7, 2008

Jack and the Beanstalk

Edit (Aug.19,2008):


Above is a more updated version of my jack and the beanstalk. I still think there are things that could be tweaked and polished. Any feedback is greatly welcomed.




This is a work in progress . . . I have been working on this piece off and on for a little while now, probably more off than on due to work. But now I have more time on my hands so I hope to finish it soon.

My plan is to finish this black and white rendering and then paint it up with some color. After that I am planning on doing a 3D model of it. I'm excited about this project cause it is something different than what I have been doing at work.

My thoughts behind this piece were that this would be from Jack's perspective as he approaches the giants home. The giant who is in his later years eyesight has started getting bad. So therefore he has created these telescopes and binoculars to help him see any intruders coming his way.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

No comments: